Have you heard of Camwood Powder? I hope your answer is Yes, if not you really need to get acquainted with this amazing powder from the heart of Africa. Take a minute and read about AFRICAN CAMWOOD POWDER
Let's make a body scrub with this beautiful red powder then.
INGREDIENTS FOR CAMWOOD BODY SCRUB
Camwood Powder 2 Tbsp
Honey- 2 Tbsp
Lemon (Zest)-1 medium sized lemon
Carrier Oil (of your choice, 60ml is good, but you can add more if you wish)
Essential Oil ( of your choice, completely optional)
The Hero- CAMWOOD POWDER
This is the twist. The internet is full of natural beauty recipes for making sugar scrub or body scrub with beauty ingredients similar to those listed above but none with Camwood Powder. This Powder is relatively unknown but the potency is a force to reckon with.
HOW TO MAKE CAMWOOD BODY SCRUB
- Pour out 200g of sugar into a bowl.
- Scoop 2tbs of Camwood Powder into the bowl and mix thoroughly with the sugar. You’ll get a lovely red mixture.
- Then add honey, 2tbs should do it. You need to mix properly here, a bit sticky but it will mix. Alternatively melt the honey a little before adding by putting it in a bowl and place the bowl in hot water.
- Add Oil of your choice, no rule on measurement, you want your scrub to be really mushy add loads of oil, you want it crumbly; less oil. Err on the side of caution by adding the oil gradually so you stop when you are contented. A good guide will be 60 ml to 200g of sugar.
- Now a few drops of the essential oil if you are using it or any other thing you want to add. It’s yours; you won’t be arrested, so go for it. 5-6 drops is ideal for our mix so far.
- Then add the lemon zest.
- Now put your elbow into it and mix
- Get your empty jar and pour it in. Now remember you can give this to someone special as a gift but do me a favour get a really cute jar.
Now you have it, your Camwood Body Scrub.
DIY natural Beauty products are just brilliant.
Remember this is great for lips, face and the whole body.
Rub it into your wet skin when in the shower or taking a bath and wash it off.
Piece of cake, right?
Catch you later!
Check Here for more Homemade Recipes
Remember to keep it simple